10 April 2009

Such Great Heights




4 Apr 09

Songs for this post: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQIGDyEkngY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wPo993nWGw



I wake up early this morning and check out of my guest house. I am moving guest houses and staying with amy down the road. I grab a quick bite at the local cafe ( well ok it was not as quick as it can be on African Time) and then head to the airport. It was great to have some time here by myself but I am more than ready to have the company and companinonship of Amy here. I look forward to being able to process what we just went thru in Malugeni with her as well as share the beauty of CT. I arrive at the airport and Amy easily recognizes me in the car for I am the only car stopping to let pedistrians go by. Guess it is the Midwestern nice in me. I think I can live with that .

Amy hops in the car and I can't tell you how refreshing it is to have someone that you know here in this country. She tells me all about her wild tree house adventure in Kruger for the past week and I drive around CT to show her this lovely place. She is impressed with my sense of direction and how I no longer need a map to get around. What a great compliment to me!

We drive past table mountain and notice that there is not a huge line and that it is perfect weather conditions to go up. 10 mins later we are in the cable car up to the table top. It is funny but I had a feeling that I would see table mtn with Amy as I mentioned before. It was meant to be that way. It is such an amazing sight you have to see it with someone.

The views from the top are amazing!! Brilliant! Stunning! I can't believe it -- I have seen a few world wonders in my day: Grand Canyon in Az, Giants causeway in Northern Ireland, Hoover Dam in NV, A sonogram of a baby fetus, paraplegic's positive spirit and even my cats laying together in harmony as if they were one. All makes me think of the wonder and beauty of mother nature, some even make me dry just thinking about them. I now have to add that view to this list. It is a must see before you die (or at least check out my pictures :)

Such a great height!

No comments:

Post a Comment