10 April 2009

Crossroads


8 April 09


Songs for this post: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X2W_U0vSLY

It is noticeably different the min I landed in this First World Country that itself was torn just over 60 some odd year ago. I expected not to like Frankfurt after having such a leisurely stay in CT and thought it to be difficult to move from the relaxed pace to an urban center. Like many of our assumptions, I was wrong. IT was nice to be on land that although there are still Poliezei that march very uprightly everywhere you go - the land is still free. what do I mean by this? Well it is just a feeling you get really. I felt free to set my bag down next to me, felt free to walk around the city center at night, felft free of my race and not feeling like people looked at me as white with money, but in this mixed cultural city I blended in for a change. The contrast made me realize that Africa is a world on to itself. It sparkles like a brilliant diamond but just as diamonds and people ... it is flawed. After walking around the city of Frankfurt today, eating a traditional German mean with Applewine, I decided to go see a movie a the American movie house called Turmkino. To my dismay, the only show that was showing at the time was Marley and Me. I am not a big fan of sappy, hollywood heart sagas (shhh Kate & Leopold) but it turned out to be ok. I thought, how fitting this movie was to see on my last night. The movie made me realize a few things. 1. How incredibly much I miss my own pets - my girls. and 2. How the movie was really all about love and acceptance. About how it is important to go along for the ride of life even if life throws you a Marley. I think this is what my whole trip was about. The adventure of life. Loving the journey en when you are in a small town in SA where the potential is so much greater than their reality or landing in a city in Germany, surrounded by Germans and writing all in.. guest what??? German and all you can speak is English and Xhosa! :)

You make it work. You open your heart and go with it. IN SS I found this great lil book with weekly meditations - wisdom to guide you through a year. I read it in a hour. In it St. Augustine of Hippo (N. Africa 345-430 AD) wrote. "Love, and do as you will."

I would like to add a few of my favorites as well to that one.

You gotta let love rule - Lenny Kravits
All you need is love - The Beatles
Let go of your heart, let go of your head and feel it now - David Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment