10 April 2009

Home

9 Apr 09

Song for this post: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v288nSSmvMI&feature=related

I woke up this AM thinking how far I have come. From Chicago to DC, DC across an ocean to Jo'burg all around SA from Cape Town to Germany while flying over the whole of Africa and now back home. Approx 21,784 miles in 30 days. Just amazing. Yesterday I walked over the main bridge in frankfurt. At the end of the bridge all of the pedestrians were greeted by street musicians playing the accordion and the trumpet. Their sound had such a European feel to it. I waked up put in my Eruro and listened a bit. When the tune changed it was recognizable - one of my favorites. AS I hummed the lyrics.. "somewhere over the rainbow" I felt like Dorothy with those scarlet slippers. There really is no place like home. And now I click my shiny ruby shoes (or board my shiny silver jet) and leave this land of OZ - for HOME. The oh so very sweet home... Chicago!

No comments:

Post a Comment