02 April 2009

A special treat

30 Mar 09


Song for this post: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gzjPzLch4k&feature=related


Took a walk today around my guest house area called Tamboerskloof. (don't worry.. I am just getting use to the pronounciations here myself) :) The area is in the heart of the city and is very quaint, trendy, and is home to clubs, shops, resturants, cafes, and tour companies. IT is very much like home to me for I think Lakeview has the same vibe I adore all of the lil shops that are built in the cape dutch style. Many of them sell cheeses, juices, nuts, bread, oils, chocolates and jam (did I mention I have a strange affixiation to preserves? I am in LOVE with Gooseberry here which I can't seem to find in the states). I ran into this chocolate shop where the owen wer hanging out the doorway on one of those doors that are cut in half and she was leaning over the bottom half of the door. She shouted for meto come in and sample a bon bon which I didn't want to for I was on a walk/jog and trying to work off they good food here. She insisted and the chocolates were a great price. I could not resist. She proudly showed me all 200 of the varities and I picked a half dozen to bring back with me. She only let me pick 5 and the last one she said was her favorite ... a special one that she knows I would love. I passed over it but she insisted she knew better. She said to try it while sitting alone in a special chair in a quite space. I real treat just for me.

I thought she might be "nuts - covered in chocolate" but I let her pick me out that one and went back to the guest house. It felt silly but I tried my special pick in the special way she described. After my bite, I sighed... "man that woman knows her chocolates!!" She predicted I would be back for more... I think I will have to bring back some for our family easter in the states. :))

Again.. a magical lil place!!

No comments:

Post a Comment