02 April 2009

Kismet

31 mar 09

Song for this post: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HffIlXo_ws

Today I drove out to Paarl, one of Cape Town's wine regions. IT is the sister to the bigger area stellenboch but just as in CA I prefer the less known winelands better. (Sonoma over Napa).
Paarl was an entity all its own. The views of this rich farmland were stunning and were even breath taking. I couldn't help to think of the children of Malugeni and think that their land could be as prosperous. I visited 3 wineries, all along the same route. 1st one was a winner for their friendliness. 2nd for their amazing views and the last was Fairfield where there was a combo of both. I cozied up to the tasting bar where Lyn was pouring me glass after glass of their top wines. It was great!

Then all of a sudden, I hear a voice behind me saying "is that our Chicago friend?" I turned around thinking who the heck could this be. It was my friends Ann and Peter with their 3 boys that I met on my plane ride 3 weeks ago from DC to Jo'berg. I asked them a question about Jo'berg at the end of our plane ride and we got to talking. Ended up that Ann also went to Western Illinois Univ for her grad degree. They are from SA but now live in Virgina. They were so helpful but then that was the last that I expected to see of them. How they ended up in Cape Town and at this winery at the same time.. well life is very strange! Really there are no accidents in life. I think they popped up as a way for the universe to tell me that I have friends all around and to enjoy this journey alone. It was a way of supporting me. It made me smile to see them but also made my head spin for the universe is a wacky, magical, supportive and lovely place! Absolutely divine!

No comments:

Post a Comment