10 April 2009

Chicago

9 Apr 09

Song for this post: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDRrqcZbdPU

I am on the plane and eagerly looking at my flight map on the TV screen. We just crossed the US boarder at 38,000 ft and after traveling 4,074 miles we have 341 miles left to go. I see the Chicago area highlighted on this map as we travel in via Canada. I adore the look of my city from the map. As I think about all of the Chi town things I missed I think of all of things that I am leaving behind. I share in no particular order:

  • Driving on the left and round abouts... Brill!
  • The sky at night.. greatness of stars
  • Having a cook to make breakfast each day. Thanks Olga, Kwena, cook at Trevoyan and the Proteas and Lisa!
  • Bucket showers (ha ha)
  • The sun
  • My Tan
  • Being called sissy
  • This blog
  • resting for +/- 20 mins
  • "pleasure" , "cheers" , "molow", "is it"
  • Did i say the sun???

Chicago things I am looking forward to - again in no particular order:

  • my cats
  • a pedicure
  • pizza
  • live music
  • my guitar
  • the skyline
  • tivo
  • the warmth of the people
  • i guess i have to say my friends and family as well. :)
  • oh and pwc ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment