01 April 2009

Enchanted Garden

29 Mar 09


Song for this post: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvgZkm1xWPE


I am off to the Botanical gardens and it turned out to be a magical place with more plant life than I ever expected to see. There were so many varieties and it boast to be the first garden to be constructed in the preservation of wildlife. It was just breath taking. Tucked beneath the mountains and kissed by the sunshine it housed many plants that I have never seen before. My favorite was the buchu which is used for medicinal purposes and smells like citrus similar to lemongrass. Before I came Dakin found a concert series online so I had planned to pack a picnic and stay there for the day. The day reminded me of my adventure in San Fran where I went to see Ingrid Michealson in Presidio Park - sans the broken bicycle at the top of the mountainous hills where I had to coast down with out pedals to get to civilization.

The orchestra played and I met a handful of friends at the park. I met another American who came to SA after her divorce and decided to make a life change. This ex-LA-er was extremely friendly and helpful. IT was also inspiring to hear her story of moving across the world for living the life she wanted to live & loving it. I also met a grandma who was entertaining her kids and grandkids that came to visit her from the UK. She was sweet and was delighted to hear that I loved her country so much. Finally I met Hulusi, a Turkish guy who was here on holiday and to sell his jewelry that he makes. I dont' know what it is about traveling alone but you always happen to meet others like you and people willing to talk and chat and maybe even get coffee along the way. Another magical day!

No comments:

Post a Comment