30 March 2009

Goodbye Malungeni

27 Mar 09

Song for this post: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ekgb5oJSobU


My last night in Malungeni is filled with tears. My mind racing to capture the memories and my heart not wanting to let go of the people who really touched me. (I find it hard even today - days later to write this post) As I lay here in the front year looking up at the blanket of stars that are comforting me, I am thinking of how far i have traveled and for what purpose. I as the twinkling stars (so abundant that I haven't seen them liek this since I was a little kid - if ever) I ask them "Have I accomplisted my goals here and what have I learned?" The answer to the first part of the question I will leave up to the Malungenis to answer, but I will tell you what this lovely part of the world has taught me or really reaffired.

Remember to believe in yourself and what you know deep down is right and good.

All people are made of love and have love and goodness in them.

Love comes in all shapes, sizes, and COLORS. You just have to be patient enough to let it in.

It is always important to rest for plus/minus 20 mins.

Change can happen if you try. It is the trying that counts.

It is important to be here now. Remain in the present to absorb life. Past and future are not real.

Everyone needs to be heard, believed in, loved and adored. Give someone attention today. :) Their heart and yours will be warmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment